Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Photography Challenge: Week 1

I said my next post would be about the actual photography challenge so here it is... My goal is to take and post some pictures every week. That's it, plain as that!

 It sounds pretty simple but with my weird schedule and Wyoming winters, it's already proved difficult. I look forward to the challenge both artistically and spiritually and I pray that God shows me exactly what I'm supposed to be learning from all of this. With that said, I'm going to start this first post off with a prayer and follow it with last week's pictures.

Heavenly Father,
I thank you that all things are made new in you... Time and time again I fall at your feet, wondering if you'll take me back and, Father, every time I am surprised that you do. I know that there is nothing I can do to deserve the love that you have for me and yet I work as if my salvation were dependent on my accomplishments. Lord, you know the lies that distance me from you and I ask that you guide me towards your truth instead, reminding me that my performance has never been a condition of your love nor will it ever be.

I pray that as I take these pictures week by week I will grow not only in my abilities but in my relationship with you. Father, teach me more than photography in these next few weeks. Teach me to trust your timing and direct me so that my eyes never look anywhere but up. Lord, use my photos and this project to further your kingdom while protecting me from pride and even the feelings of inadequacy, as neither are glorifying to you. I pray for perseverance as I begin this project and, lastly, I thank you for the clear direction you have given me with it.
AMEN

WEEK ONE: Last week, I finally got the opportunity to meet my 3 month old nephew for the first time. These are some of the pictures I snapped of him and my brother's growing family while staying out in North Carolina! Enjoy.






Forgot the watermark on this one but please don't steal it :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVE these. They are beautiful pictures of a beautiful family.

Zandy said...

I saw these on Facebook and loved them. Congrats again on being an aunt!