Friday, December 24, 2010

About Me

I'm a nursing major at the University of Wyoming and I also play soccer for UW. My time management needs work but I do my best to make the chaos enjoyable... I prefer deep conversations, I love black and white photography, and I am a firm believer that a bowl of ice cream can solve any problem. I believe in a God who loves me unconditionally and my faith in Him has grown tremendously in the past few years!

My family is truly incredible! My mom is one of the smartest, hardest working people I have ever met, my dad has a heart of gold (seriously, it's amazing) and my older brother has a great sense of humor and is crazy athletic (thankfully he has been patient enough to teach me some of his skills). We care deeply and genuinely about each other and I thank God that I have them in my life.
A view of Jenny Lake in Grand Teton
National Park, WY during a hike

Like I said before, I believe in an awesome God and my relationship with Him is more important to me than anything else in this world. He loves me even when I find it hard to love myself, He has a plan for me even when I feel lost, and He forgives me even when I don't deserve forgiveness. How AMAZING is that?

My favorite thing to do is sit outside somewhere that has a spectacular view. I don't bring a book or anything to write with, I simply find a comfortable spot to sit and appreciate the beauty of God's perfect creation. I love that the same hands that crafted the breathtaking views that I enjoy so much, made me too! It's crazy to think that in God's eyes we are just as beautiful as those majestic mountains and vast oceans even when we feel far from that.

I have an incredible life and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me.


*By the way, the background of the blog is a photograph I snapped in Seaside, Oregon. A couple holding hands, a girl running with a dog, a women looking out to sea (which can't be seen behind the posts), and a beautiful ocean all in one... this world has so much beauty and I absolutely LOVE it*

No comments: