Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After Christmas Blues...

You know the feeling that comes when loved ones leave, new toys become used, you realize the clothes you bought someone don't fit and everyone appears to be exhausted? I call those The Day After Christmas Blues but though I've experienced them in some form almost every year, they won't be getting me down this time because today I have no reason to be unhappy!

We had no extended family come into town (so no hard goodbyes), we were blessed that the gifts we received were all practical things that won't expire, and we had an incredible meal with just our family. It was one of the first meals we've had together with just the four of us since my brother and I have been back from college! Today I get to go to church (first Christmas since I've become a Christian), learn more about the new photo editing software I received, watch my dad still be amazed by what we got him, download songs from itunes with my new tunes gift card and I was able to watch my uncle, who is stationed in Iraq, send a shout out to his family on the news!! I'd say this day has almost been better than Christmas!

New photo editing software (It's CRAZY)

I'm anxiously anticipating my road trip to Nebraska to see family for a few days. I love having kids hanging all over me  and the constant background chatter of being around lots of people. I just can't wait to see them! It has been a pretty special Christmas and Christmas season! I love it. So no The Day After Christmas Blues for me this year. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: