Saturday, July 16, 2011

Don't be Anxious in ANYTHING

Knowing I wouldn't get to see any of my aunts, uncles, or cousins my mom and I made a last minute trip to  Nebraska. We had an uneventful ride out there and made it there in time for dinner, which was the plan. We stayed with one of my uncle's and his family and with seven kids their house was quite chaotic all the time (but it was definitely welcomed). We went to the children's museum and I'll admit that I might have enjoyed some of the activities more than the kids. On Wednesday we walked to a local park and the older kids drove RC cars around (quite dangerously might I add) while the younger kids and my mom played some intense games of four square. But besides those two things we just stayed at their house and enjoyed each other's company.
I wish adults enjoyed themselves as much as kids do

The last night we were there we went to a AAA baseball game and on the way home we got a nail in our tire and though we didn't know it at the time that was the beginning of a long day of complications. Since the tire wasn't flat we waited until morning to get it fixed, so on our way back home we stopped and found out that it was unrepairable. They had to replace all four tires because you can't just replace one or two on an all wheel drive car. After waiting there for a while and receiving nearly 800 dollars worth of rubber, we finally got back on the road. Barely out of Lincoln my mom decided that a rash she'd had for the entire trip to NE was unbearable and needed immediate attention. So we stopped at an urgent care clinic and in an hour or so we're out of there with prescriptions and a mom who's a tad bit less itchy (I was relieved that she was not contagious... So instead of getting out of Lincoln around 8:30am we are barely leaving Lincoln at 12:30.

But EVERYTHING worked out and all is good! We received almost complete reimbursement for the tires and so far it looks like my mom's rash is clearing up and OH YEAH my brother is ok. Let me fill you in on that one...

Me getting some little kid time in with 4 of the 7 kids
On thursday (after the nail decided to puncture our tire) we found out that my brother was hit by a fork lift while working. He works at a moving company and I guess he was getting out of a truck and was pinned to the truck when the fork lift hit him. His co workers wanted to take him to the ER but he said that he was ok even though his leg was pretty gnarly. He ended up just having a REALLY bruised leg and some road rash type stuff but he's totally fine.

All I can say is God is good and though we face hard times He will always provide for us and get us through.

1 comment:

Z said...

It sounds like a fun little adventure!