Thursday, February 9, 2012

What a BLESSED Day

My day really started last night when I decided not to start a short paper and postpone doing it until today. Did I mention it was due today? I had plenty of excuses like I just got back from work, had already wrote a longer paper, and just wanted to go to bed (the list goes on and on). I made a plan to wake up early to start it and then finish it during my hour break before Medical Microbiology lab (sounds fun right?). After waking up nearly 30 minutes into my first class I had to make the decision to shoot the day or get it back on track. I ate a good breakfast, made it to my second class, went to my third class only to find out that my class was CANCELLED. Can you imagine the cheering that ensued? It was marvelous! The blessings in today were beginning to emerge!

This is the second time this class was cancelled this week (the professor is sick) and I, for once in my life, used my time wisely. I started and completed the paper, completed my lab pre-test online, and am now lounging on a couch inside the Agriculture building waiting for lab to start. Lab seems pretty simple today and I'm done with classes after this too! AMAZING right? Then all I have to do is get through soccer practice and I'm done for the week. I never have classes on Fridays and I must have forgotten that this morning when I was stressing about my non-existant friday classes.

It's amazing the simple ways God works things out and rewards our obedience to Him. And now I'll continue to listen to Christian music and enjoy this feeling of accomplishment and peace.
"My chains are gone. I've been set free. My God my Savior has ransomed me."

1 comment:

Z said...

That sounds like I nice day! I'm glad you were able to find some rest.