Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm All Grown Up

and some parts of growing up are definitely better than others!

-I signed a lease on a town home and it wonderful but now I have an electric bill and the first payment is due in a month or so UGH but I still beats living in the dorms.


-I know longer have a room at my parents house which officially means I am a guest when I stay there. It's a weird feeling but I'm OK with it (until that means their food is off limits too).


-I have my own car! It's shiny, sporty, and does well in snow which is a MUST (this too comes with a payment)


- My bank account has some (enough) money and I've earned all of it nannying, being a camp counselor, and my stipend for being on a soccer scholarship. I am completely self sufficient but I REALLY appreciate it when my mom makes me lasagna or fills my car up with gas.


- I've had to make some big decisions regarding some friends who are a little too distracting and fun things I like doing but unfortunately keep me from getting work done too

Though this summer I was considered an adult by law I didn't feel like any of my responsibilities had changed but now I FEEL more grown up and in the words of my mother I am "maturing surprisingly well." -thanks mom

2 comments:

Z said...

I think you are maturing wonderfully well! Miss you.

Special K said...

Welcome to the "real" world. :) You hit the nail on the head.