Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Life is Good

I didn't really know what to expect for this summer. I knew I'd be alone in a house, have odd jobs here and there, and have freedom to go and do as I pleased but I forgot about one thing... Soccer. You'd think soccer would be the first thing I would have planned into the summer but I didn't and quite honestly I was disappointed when I realized it would have a huge part of my summer. I guess I thought that workouts would be on my own and I could plan the workouts around my schedule for the summer because during the year it's the opposite but when you're in town for the summer we have practice, conditioning, and weights at a scheduled time just as we do during school. 3:15pm-5:30pm everyday is still soccer and then drop-in soccer (a group of talented guys get together and the cowgirls are invited to join) is at 5:30pm and 8:30pm and the coach has made it one of those "optional but mandatory" kind of things.

I don't remember how it got from this

to flying saves to...
to autographing t-shirts for Wyoming fans but it did and I'm grateful!
So you're probably going, "I thought the title of this post was life is good?" Well, life is good! I've decided that soccer can consume my time but it doesn't have to consume me. I'll go to the practices, runs, and weights everyday and I'll go to the drop-ins if I don't have any plans. I'm a bit worried about the consequences but I NEED a break from soccer and the only time I'll get it is during the summer so I'm going to make sure I get it.

I still have my mornings so I'm not going to spend them moping around the house dreading practice besides, 3pm-6pm is my least favorite part of day so why not spend it with people that I've grown to love and let them make it just a little more enjoyable (more about in a later post)?

So here's to a summer of "me time", relationships, fun, creativity and just a little bit of soccer :)

1 comment:

Z said...

I am sorry that soccer is taking up some "Carmen time" but it's ggod for you. Hopefully your summer can have time with me in it too. :)