Monday, December 5, 2011

Almost Done

Finals week has officially begun and mother nature decided to kick it off with some extreme weather. It went from being in mid 40s F yesterday to −30 F today. Can you say COLD! Well I haven't actually been outside yet but I'm not looking forward to it. But I'm just going to be thankful that my house has heat, I have warm clothes for when I do have to face the weather, and I have hot chocolate when I need it.

I worked most of the weekend and I think my feet are getting used to being on tile for 8+ hours at a time too. I felt like when I wasn't working I was sleeping or eating which (in all seriousness) makes me feel FAT. I'm not fat and I've never really struggled with my weight but occasionally I have weeks where I'm more self conscious about it than others and this is definitely one of those weeks. Oh well, I will do my best to rest in truth and not get too wrapped up in self image.

As I mentioned before it's finals week and I have mixed feelings about how this semester went. I definitely did poorly in one class (as in I'll probably have to retake it if I want to get into nursing school) and didn't do great in the others but I have this odd peace about my grades. Someone jokingly told me "Grades don't determine salvation... and don't forget that Jesus still loves you even if you fail." I guess God works in mysterious ways because just hearing that made me feel a million times better. I don't really get to go home much this Christmas but now that I only have one test and one paper left, it seems like next week is going to be here sooner than I know it (even if I'll only be home a few days).

I have a bunch of errands to run when I get home and one of which is getting glasses :( I'm not thrilled about it but I'm kind of excited that reading and looking at my computer will no longer lead to headaches.

Hope everyone is getting excited about the holiday season and (if you're not in Wyoming) is enjoying the weather :)

1 comment:

Z said...

I hope all your finals go really well! Hopefully I can see you when you are back home.