Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 Thankful Days: Wow I've Missed a Ton

So for the last time I'm linking up with Dawn over at theGoodlife for 30 Thankful Days and I must say I'm sad it's over but I might do thankful posts occasionally anyway because praises aren't praises unless you share them :) AND even though I missed the last week or so of posts I was thankful for a lot this past week.

1) My roommates! They've been gone a lot recently for volleyball and Thanksgiving break and now they're back. I no longer live in this huge place by myself AND since we're all studying for finals (or trying to at least) we have lot's of study sessions together. I enjoy the company and entertainment especially when writing final papers and laughter never fails to make the time go by a whole lot faster.

2) Cinnamon rolls! Today one of my roommates and I made lunch (which was delicious by the way) and then I made cinnamon rolls YUM! I believe cinnamon rolls and ice cream are God's personal gifts to me.

3) Walmart! When there aren't many stores in the town you live in the one that has the most variety is like a mall. It's close to my house (well what isn't in this town?) and I go there often. When I lived in the dorms my friends and I would go to Walmart and only bring in a dollar or two and then just walk around. The longest we spent was almost two hours and we walked out with a bag of skittles, post it notes, and a cheap movie.

4)Music! I think being thankful for music is an understatement. It can make the worst days a million times better and good days fantastic. It can calm me when I'm anxious, pump me up when I need some extra energy, speak God's truth into my life, or just provide some background noise to any activity. I LOVE music and few things can touch my heart like beautiful lyrics and a great rhythm.

5) Random factual knowledge. I notorious amongst my team and roommates for knowing the most ridiculous facts about completely random things. I don't have a subject of interest or a reason to know them I just like to learn new things. I've occasionally been known to search random facts on the internet during homework breaks (where most people go to Facebook or eat lol). There have been a few times where I've been able to use the knowledge but mostly it just for entertainment. Here are some favorites:

-Jellyfish evaporate in the sun because they're 98% water
-When a person is tickled is actually a form of panic because the brain associates the sensation with creepy crawlies on your skin. Laughing can also be a response to panic.
-It cost 7 million dollars to build the titanic and 200 million to make a movie about it
-You actually can't see the Great Wall of China from outer space but you can see the Pyramids of Giza and a few other man made buildings.

6)Sock! I shouldn't have to say too much more but I will. I'm one of those crazy person's that has to have socks on to sleep at night (I'll wake up if one falls off). It's cold in Wyoming and my feet are not a fan of the chilly temperatures

I have more but I've got to get back to studying! :(

2 comments:

dawn said...

So glad you joined in this month, Carmen!

Z said...

I'm glad to hear about all the things you're thankful for. Thanks for sharing!