Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ef Sea Eh?

Time just seems to be flying by as it is almost March, spring season starts next sunday, and I only have two more months of school. Like I mentioned in a previous post, practices are starting earlier and though I'm an early person I find it difficult to do anything after 8:30pm (stupid biological clock). So as much as I struggle to funtion I determined that a few things need to take priority over sleep on occasion and this week God and fellowship ranked above sleep.

I was back home in Colorado Springs most of the day monday and I missed both Bible studies that I normally attend. When tuesday came around I was exhuasted from the long day of drivinmg and would have been happy to sleep in, skip class, and eat whatever and whenever I pleased. Instead of taking a mental health day I managed to fit a much needed nap into my schedule so that I could go to FCA. I love everything about FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) except for the fact that it starts at 9:00pm to accomodate all the athletes who practice later. Bythe grace of God, I wasn't too tired when 9:00pm rolled around so I trudged through the snow with my bible, some computer paper to draw/ take notes on, and a pen (usually it's a pencil but I couldn't find one in time).

Their was an incredible message about God's UNCONDITIONAL love for me and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I realized that the bible studies on monday usually get my mind in the right place for the entire week and without them I felt a bit lost and alone. Though I was tired and had to doodle to stay focued on the message, God called me to be at FCA that night because He knew that I needed to spiritually filled up by his love more than anything else!


So here's the doodle that came of my tiredness.

P.S. "Ef Sea Eh?" is what's on the FCA shirts this year and since I didn't get a shirt I thought I'd share my love for it's creativity here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Carmen. I loved reading this and getting a look into your life! I'm glad to see how you are growing. Love you a bunch!
-Z