Thursday, February 17, 2011

Up Beat Update

It's been a while since I've posted and I don't have much of a reason for it. I haven't been in the mood to write lately but I wish I would have because some incredible things have happened this past month. Not that my mood has changed (well it has, but I'll save that for another post) but I am extremely excited to finally write about what's been on my mind lately (good and bad).

1. I've had some incredible conversations with friends that have definitely got me thinking about my future and my relationships. I've always told friends that I never want to be married or have kids but lately I've experienced a change of heart. Long story short, I have come to realize I am worthy of the kind of a love a husband and kids would give me, though I am a long way from being ready for it.


2. For the past few weeks my weight/ figure has been on my mind a lot more than it should be. I'm not overweight, I get plenty of exercise and quite honestly there isn't much room to lose. I try to counter the lies i tell my self with truth from the Bible and positive feedback from others but I still find myself obsessing more and more about an issue that doesn't actually exist.

3. My appetite is back (which may have something to do with the insecurities mentioned in #2)! But overall it is definitely a good thing. For years I ate food when I woke up, when I realized it was past noon, and when my mom made dinner but once in college I realized I never actually felt hungry or ever wanted to eat. I would go most of the day without eating because I simply forgot. When I would eat it would be because someone wanted company to lunch/ dinner or I noticed it was "time" to eat. But some things have changed and last week for the first time in a while I felt HUNGRY. As an athlete food is necessary and now that eating isn't a chore I actually remember to do it which is obviously much healthier!

4. I'm house shopping!!!! I'll be moving out of the dorms at the end of this semester and I'll be living with three wonderful volleyball girls... the only problem is we don't know where yet! There are plenty of places to look at so I'm not too worried about actually finding a place. I can't wait to have a kitchen and bathroom of my own (even though that means more cleaning) and a washer and dryer will be nice too! I can't wait for all the fun times to come!
Some soccer friends preparing to break glow sticks!
5. This is the last week where workouts consist solely of weights and conditioning. Next week we will start practicing again and our lifting will be less intense as well (meaning less squats :]) I've come to like running and lifting in the morning so surprisingly I will miss it a little even though I'd much rather play soccer! Unfortunately, practice and lifting takes more time than conditioning and lifting so training starts at 7:00am not 8:00am and I could really use that extra hour of sleep! Oh well.

6. So as most of the U.S. knows last few weeks have been cold! I think -30 F something was our low for the month. YUCK! My roommate and I threw water out the window and it froze before it hit the ground! But the heaters broke in the dorms and having the window open for a few minutes didn't help. (we didn't know the heater was broke yet). Our room was around 40 F for two nights so my roommate and I had to bundle up before bed. With long underwear, hand warmers, hats, hoodies, fuzzy socks, and most importantly a hair dryer (convenient personal heater) we had one interesting night. thankfully the heater started working again once the temp warmed up outside!


7. And last but not least, I received an AMAZING care package from my youth group back in CO! It had homemade cookies, ramen, glow sticks, goldfish (the snack that smiles back not the pet), and cute jokes and notes that made me miss my youth group more than ever! And thanks to them I have some new art covering my cork board!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I miss you. I will try to call you soon. :)