Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Thankful Days #1 and #2

Today I'm linking up with Dawn over at theGoodlife and couldn't be more excited about the idea of thirty days of being thankful. What a fantastic idea!


It reminds me of a time when I was having a hard time finding joy (which is a total understatement) and a friend and I came up with a way to change my focus from the negatives to the positives of life. Everyday she'd ask me to name five things I was thankful for and though it was a struggle at first, it became a natural part of my day and I looked forward to sharing them with her. I found myself thinking throughout the day, "this could be one of the things I'm thankful for today." And it was amazing to look back at what i was thankful for that week. The list went from food items like toaster strudels (a definite weakness of mine) all the way to being thankful for having free laundry (a blessing after paying for laundry in the dorms). After only a few days I had 25 little things I was thankful for and I realized that those little things were actually the things that make my life worth living.

So for day #1 (yesterday) I'm thankful for my team and the growing relationships that I with some of the girls. We spent the day traveling to the Mountain West Conference Tournament in New Mexico and I was blessed by all the conversations and laughter! LET'S GO POKES!!!... We beat TCU today and are advancing to the semifinals (first time ever in Wyoming history). wish us luck as we play San Diego Friday so we can advance to the finals.


And for day #2 I'm thankful for hotel pillows!!! Every time I'm in a hotel I consider stealing the super soft ones to take home with me. I just love having a ton of pillows on an oversized bed just for me :)

2 comments:

dawn said...

Thanks for linking up, Carmen! Glad you are joining in! Congrats on your team's accomplishments--hope the San Diego game goes well!

(By the way, Bubba's been playing keeper more and more...)

hugs!

Z said...

Congrats! I really enjoyed reading about what you are thankful for.