Wednesday, November 16, 2011

30 Thankful Days #15 and #16: Work and Laughter

Day 15:
Yesterday I realized just how blessed I am!!! I got a job at the local nursing home as a CNA. thousands of people these days would do anything to get paid minimum wage for something they hate just to support their family but not only did I get a job I got a good one AND I love it. Okay, love it my be an overstatement since geriatrics is not my favorite field but regardless, I am very appreciative of the opportunity to get to work in health care. I'm getting paid REALLY well and because they're desperate for CNA's they're working around my schedule. Being around the residents at the nursing home truly makes me happy. I enjoy serving them and I've felt, for maybe the first time, I know what it's like to be God's hands and feet and it feels SOOO GOOD!!!!! I'm just so thankful for this job and the way God is going to use me and teach me through it.

Day 16:
Laughter!!!! Simple enough. My old roommate and I hung out together for a while and we watched youtube videos and laughed, ate ice cream and laughed, and watched documentaries while doing homework and laughed. We laughed until tears were streaming down our faces and our abs hurt from constantly giggling. Laughter is therapeutic, it's a key part of any relationship, it's the easiest way to break cultural and social boundaries, and it was the BEST part of my day today.

Here's some of the goofy things we do :)

Our version of pole dancing

This and the next one was our way of lightening the mood of preseason... we covered everything, and us, in trash bags and then broke glow sticks and called it "project decoration".  Don't worry we cleaned


2 comments:

LeAnn said...

First, thank you for the work you do. It is such a big deal that these people are cared for, and it does my heart good to read a post like yours. Love the pics of you and your friends!

Z said...

I'm so glad you like your job and I love that you are feeling what it's like to be God's hands and feet. Oh, and I totally agree laughter is such a good remedy, along with ice cream of course! :)