Sunday, November 20, 2011

30 Thankful Days #17-#20

Here is a short and sweet post to catch up with the 30 Thankful Days I've missed. It's been a crazy week but I've been blessed by the peace that I've had during it.

In no particular order here are the things I've been blessed by and am thankful for these past few days:

-I'm thankful for my spacious, stocked, clean, and WONDERFUL kitchen. Living in the dorms was a challenge mostly because I was used to home cooked meals and fresh food but it made me realize how amazing it is to have a kitchen. I cook as frequently or infrequently as I want and am also thankful for my roommates when they make "family dinners" on the days I don't want to cook. In the last few weeks I've made brownies, pesto cavatappi, enchiladas and my roommates have made ribs, various soups, chicken wraps. My mouth is watering :)

-I'm for my warm home and heated blanket. As winter is approaching it's been getting windier and colder (neither of which I particularly like) and I'm just thankful I have a warm house and bed to come home to.

-I'm thankful for the The Help by Kathyrn Stockett. A friend loaned me this book after we had a heart to heart on a soccer trip. I can't put it down! It's beautifully written with amazing insight into the lives of the African American women who's job was to raise children, clean the house, and wait on one family's every want. I can't wait to go watch the movie after I finish.

the movie
-I'm also thankful that I passed my CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) state exam and am now officially a CNA (though I'd already been hired as one). I knew I'd pass the written exam but was particularly nervous about the skills exam where we have to take care of a volunteer patient. I had to be able to perform any of the 29 skills as five would be selected at random for me to test on. I PASSED!!! I was nervous and forgot a few steps to some skills but they're were apparently not too important. YAY! I'm so thankful that the studying and practice payed off!

3 comments:

Special K said...

Yea for you passing! I LOVE when something big like that works out - I sweated over my oral exam the same way when I was in grad school. And isn't that book AMAZING??? I couldn't put it down.
Glad you're staying warm - miss you!

Z said...

Horray for Carmen! I'm glad that you were able to achieve what you worked hard for. Hopefully, this winter isn't too gross up there so you can enjoy warmth, good food, and a good book. Love you!

dawn said...

Way to go, CNA! and loved that book. the movies at the dollar theater and want to go this weekend!