Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 Thankful Days #12 and #13:

I'm going short and sweet today as I link up with 30 Thankful Days.

Day #12
I'm thankful that I have a car... I know it's kind of a lame thing to be thankful for but yesterday I really needed to get out of the house and because I have a car I grabbed my keys and drove off. I headed down to the river and just sat (in my car because it was freezing) and tried to clear my head. I was all bundled up and had the heater on as I just watched the river flow by. Because of my car, I'm able to just pick up and go and I LOVE it. I don't need to ask permission or have a destination in mind (which is how I ended up at the river) I just need to be able to find the keys :)

The view from my car... I took this pic a few weeks back at the same river (it's less colorful now)
Day #13
Today I'm thankful for church. I haven't been to a whole service in a while because of soccer and today I was blessed to be back. With my newly covered journal and Bible in my lap and a few friends at my side I felt at home. I'm so thankful for my church family both here in Wyoming and back in Colorado. I know it's cliche to say this but I'm going to anyway... I don't know what I'd do without them :)

1 comment:

Z said...

Being in nature is so healing, right? :) I feel the same way when I'm at church... Miss you so much!