Monday, November 28, 2011

Don't Quit

I've missed a lot of Thankful Days but that doesn't mean I wasn't thankful. I have so much to be thankful for but I've definitely had a long break (if you could even call it a break). I had a day off of school and then worked 40 hours in 4 days but I DID get to have a Thanksgiving dinner thanks to some church friends (since I couldn't go home to Colorado Springs). AND I got my schedule for December and I work 16 hours every weekend plus 48 hours from December 22-27. I love my job but I don't love my feet hurting from being on them for so long and I don't love having to wake up a 4:30am. I also need study time since my grades could definitely use some improvement and work isn't helping that. So my goal for the next two weeks of school is to not give up and just keep pushing through even if it doesn't always seem worth it.

This is called the Don't Quit Poem by an unknown author and it's been a HUGE encouragement to me this week.


When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low but the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit…
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit!
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many failures turn about
When we might have won had we stuck it out.
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow…
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor’s cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out…
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far.
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.

P.S. If you're the praying type I could really use some extra strength and motivation this week.

1 comment:

Z said...

Carmen, you will definitely be in my prayers. I was hoping I would see you over Thanksgiving but I'll see you at Christmas, for sure. Thanks for the poem I needed that right now, and I know you will make it through these challenging upcoming weeks. If you need someone to talk to and have some time to talk, I'm always here for you, I hope you know that. I love you Carmen! :)