Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Thankful Days #14: My God Box

Ah Ha!!!! I've kept up, even if it's only for one day, on 30 Thankful Days! As thanksgiving approaches I'm linking up with Dawn over at theGoodlife and celebrating the little things each day that I am thankful for. I encourage you to join in because you'll realize that the little things you are thankful for are the things that make life enjoyable and worth living!

Day 14:
I'm thankful for my new "God Box" (thanks Molly for the idea) and sorry ahead of time for the poor picture quality. I had to use my computers camera!... Like I've mentioned in previous posts, I've had a ton on my mind lately and can't seem to escape the whirlwind of thoughts. I'm a visual kind of person and I needed a visual representation of me casting my anxieties on him (1 Peter 5:7). I wanted to just see what it was like to just "give it to God and then be done worrying about it" because there is nothing Godly about worry and fear... My friend was telling me that when she had a lot on her mind she would write it out on a small piece of paper and then put it in a jar that she had painted black. Once the thought was in the jar, all the anxiety and concerns that accompanied the thought were gone too. It was her way of letting go of her fears and choosing to trust God. So I bought a a small storage type box, covered the inside with black felt, and cut a hole in the top. I like to call it my God Box. It sits on the shelf next to my bed and I put a sharpie and some sticky notes next to it so not even laziness can keep me from turning my thoughts over to God.

top (my attempt at showing the hole for the paper thoughts)

Where it sits on my shelf with the sticky notes and sharpie :)
It's actually quite big and more cube like, though neither
picture shows it that way.

1 comment:

Z said...

That's a really cool idea I might try that... But what do you do when the box fills up? :)